Telescope: 10″ Aries f/15 Maksutov-Cassegrain on Astro-Physics 900GTO German Equatorial
Accessories: Moravian G1-0300 as Off-Axis Guider, 0.67X Astro-Physics CCD Telecompressor
Focal Length and Resolution: 2692 mm, 0.52″/pixel
Instrument: QSI 532wsg at -20 deg. C
Exposures: 23×5 min
Filter(s): Astrodon Clear
Exposure Date: 10 April, 2011
Seeing, FWHM: 1.9″
Processing Software: MaximDL, CCDStack, PixInsight, Photoshop
Image Acquisition Software: MaximDL, TheSky6, CCDAutoPilot, FocusMax, PinPoint
Type: Sb+ Galaxy
Distance: 50 Mly
Dimensions: 12.7′ x 1.4′
Magnitude: 11.1 (V)
KAZF Extragalactic Globular Clusters
A few bright globular clusters that are part of the NGC 5907 galaxy have been identified using the Kissler-Patig+Ashman+Zepf+Freeman catalogue and Aladin software. These globular clusters have appeared in the 1999 publication during imaging of NGC 5907 with the Hubble Space Telescope.
SDSS J151556.56+561558.2 Quasar:
Detailed Information on the quasar from NASA/IPAC Extragalactic Database. This quasar has red shift of 1.875 which translates to the following properties:
Light Travel-Time : 9.835 Gyr
Age at Redshift 1.875206 : 3.464 Gyr
Age of Universe : 13.299 Gyr
* Stack using Median and Poisson Data Rejection.
* Generate mask to fully block bright stars: MASK-1
* Save MASK-1.
* Lucy-Richardson deconvolution to bring galaxy details with MASK-1 – with wavelet regularization to suppress noise.
* Automatic Background Extraction to remove gradient
* Generate mask to block bright stars and bright galaxy core and arms. Do not block noisy galaxy parts. Use cloned input image, blur by removing wavelet layers using A Trous Wavelet Transform then stretch histogram to binarize, save: MASK-2.
* Save MASK-2.
* A Trous Wavelet Transform to reduce background noise (noise reduction on layers 1 to 3) with MASK-2.
* Histogram Stretch
* Fixed dust donut using Dynamic Background Extraction
* Save image: IMAGE-PNG
* Use IMAGE-PNG to make gradient for corner erosion procedure to repair elongated stars at corners.
* Save gradient to GRADIENT
* Use GRADIENT as the mask, do erosion to make stars appear round at the corner.
* Save image: IMAGE-1
* A Trous Wavelet Transform to increase sharpness (increase bias and reduce noise on layers 1 to 2) with MASK-2.
* Final Histogram stretch
NASA/ADS Query1982A&A...110...61V Surface photometry of edge-on spiral galaxies. III - Properties of the three-dimensional distribution of light and mass in disks of spiral galaxies Astronomy and Astrophysics, vol. 110, no. 1, June 1982, p. 61-78. Jun 1982
2017Sci...355..817I An accreting pulsar with extreme properties drives an ultraluminous x-ray source in NGC 5907 Science, Volume 355, Issue 6327, pp. 817-819 (2017). Feb 2017
1976A&A....53..159S Warped HI Disks in Galaxies Astronomy and Astrophysics, Vol. 53, p. 159 (1976) Dec 1976
1999A&A...344..868X Are spiral galaxies optically thin or thick? Astronomy and Astrophysics, v.344, p.868-878 (1999) Apr 1999
1983MNRAS.203..735C Rotation curve of the edge-on spiral galaxy NGC 5907: disc and halo masses Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society (ISSN 0035-8711), vol. 203, May 1983, p. 735-747. Research supported by the Kapteyn Studie Fonds, Kerkhhoven Bosscha Fonds, and Rijksuniversiteit Groningen. May 1983
1996ApJ...462..712R Diffuse Ionized Gas in Nine Edge-on Galaxies Astrophysical Journal v.462, p.712 May 1996
2008ApJ...689..184M The Ghost of a Dwarf Galaxy: Fossils of the Hierarchical Formation of the Nearby Spiral Galaxy NGC 5907 The Astrophysical Journal, Volume 689, Issue 1, article id. 184-193, pp. (2008). Dec 2008
2001A&A...372..775M Modeling the spectral energy distribution of galaxies. II. Disk opacity and star formation in 5 edge-on spirals Astronomy and Astrophysics, v.372, p.775-783 (2001) Jun 2001
2017ApJ...834...77F Spectral Changes in the Hyperluminous Pulsar in NGC 5907 as a Function of Super-orbital Phase The Astrophysical Journal, Volume 834, Issue 1, article id. 77, 8 pp. (2017). Jan 2017
1998ApJ...504L..23S Ring Structure and Warp of NGC 5907: Interaction with Dwarf Galaxies The Astrophysical Journal, Volume 504, Issue 1, pp. L23-L26. Sep 1998
Other 139 records retrieved but not showed.